Privacy and Data Policy - Motion SG Inc.,
Effective Date: 8/2/2022
This Privacy and Data Policy provides a description of the privacy and data use practices of Motion SG (“us”, “we” or “our”) in connection with our receipt, collection, and use of Customers’ (“you” or “your”) data and personal information, received either directly from you or through a third party. The policy may be changed or updated from time to time.
1. What and How Information is collected
We collect and share both your Customer Data and Machine Data (collectively “Data”) as described in this Policy.
a. Customer Data. To purchase, access, receive, or use goods or services from us, you may be required to provide various information, which may include personally identifying information (collectively, “Customer Data”). Personally identifying information is information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. Data may be collected by us directly from you when you enter into an agreement with us or when you communicate with us by telephone, email, or otherwise. Your data may also be delivered to us by third parties such as your utility company, your lender, or your homeowner’s insurance provider. By providing Customer Data directly to Motion SG or entering into an agreement with Motion SG that permits access to Customer Data from a third party, you grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use such Customer Data in accordance with this Policy.
Customer Data may consist of the following types of information:
Personal Data. Personal Data includes your name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, zip code, social security number, and similar Customer Data. We use Personal Data in connection with the services we provide and to communicate with you. You consent to receive communications from us electronically but have the ability to opt-out of receiving promotional e-mails by contacting us at the following e-mail address set forth below. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may communicate with Customers by e-mail if such e-mail communication is sent for the purpose of protecting the interests of a customer, including any Customer Data, property or other data, or to provide a customer with any notification or disclosure that may be required under applicable law or our Policy. Accordingly, as a customer, you agree that all communications, disclosures, and notices sent to you by e-mail satisfy any requirement that notice be provided in writing.
Transaction and Demographic Data. We collect transaction information about your purchases, inquiries, and customer accounts to fulfill orders or for our general business needs, including maintenance and warranty services. We also may collect general demographic or preference data regarding your interests, goals or needs to understand who you are and what products and services may interest you or meet your needs.
Financial Data. We may collect financial information from you to complete purchases of goods or services, such as bank account information, credit card information, or your billing address. If you purchase products through financing that is facilitated by us, then you have the right to request that we not share any of your Customer Data derived from that transaction with unaffiliated third parties outside of the requirements to complete your requested transaction by contacting us at the email address set forth below. We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
Information About Your Solar Usage. When you purchase a solar system from us, you provide us directly with information about yourself and your household or give us access to information about the use of the solar system by your household. This information may include identifiers such as your name, location of the installation, energy produced by the system, energy utilized (energy demand), or the time of day when the energy is utilized. This data is incorporated into our monitoring system and used for various purposes, such as to monitor the performance of your system and to provide you services you have agreed to receive, e.g., system maintenance. Where permitted by applicable law, Motion SG may obtain information about your energy consumption from your utility provider. This information may be used to facilitate interconnection and
to calculate energy savings relating to your system and may also be used by us to understand how you use your system.
b. Machine Data. Machine Data includes information that is generated by, collected by or stored on your equipment or any hardware or device interfacing with your equipment, and may be provided directly through such equipment, hardware, or device or indirectly when reported to us through you or a third party (collectively, “Machine Data”). Machine Data includes, without limitation, the following data, which we may track, collect, receive and use in accordance with this Policy:
• Technical information including IP addresses, persistent identifiers, statistical utilization, transmission, access methods, and sources, and preference information that is collected by cookies, web beacons, or other similar device-based collection technologies. This may include any search that led you to our website, your connection speed or type, and your browser or device information.
Machine Data may be collected by us directly from you or your equipment or it may be delivered to us by third parties if you authorize or allow such delivery or access from the third party. By providing Customer Data directly to us or granting us access to Machine Data from a third party, you grant us a royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual license to use such Machine Data in accordance with this Policy. We are not liable for any errors, omissions, interception, loss of data, lack of capacity, lack of coverage or lack of availability, or other errors related to the transmission of any Machine Data by any third party.
2. How Customer Data is Used
We use the Customer Data collected set out in Section 1 to facilitate the business relationship we have with you, comply with our legal and financial obligations, and pursue our legitimate business interests, which include the purposes set forth below:
• To provide goods or services requested or purchased by you and communicate with you regarding such goods or services, including relating to scheduling, maintenance, and warranty claims.
• To provide you with promotional or informational materials about our company, affiliates, and/or third parties with whom we conduct business and the related goods and services provided by such businesses;
• To analyze and improve our products and services and improve our customer service experience; and
• To enforce our legal obligations and rights and to comply with applicable law.
3. Sharing and Use of Information
We share your Data with our affiliates, suppliers, vendors, business partners, and/or their agents and employees as we deem necessary for the provision of goods and services to you and as otherwise necessary. Specifically, we may share your Data:
• With third parties assisting us in the provision, administration, and management of goods and services generally.
• With third parties that assist us in providing goods and services that you request.
• With third parties that support our business operations or provide marketing or advertising services on our behalf, including marketing, technical, accounting, legal or other professionals; and as otherwise permitted by law or approved by you. We may use your Data for our general business operations and goods and services provided by us if it is in a form that is not capable of being personally identified with you or if it is combined with Data from one or more other customers in aggregate form that does not personally identify any particular customer. We may also sell, license or otherwise provide such de-identified or aggregated data to third parties.
• With third parties that finance the solar energy system purchase.
• With credit reporting agencies where permitted by law.
• With other third parties in order to: (i) comply with a law (or based upon our good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with a law); (ii) protect our rights or property; (iii) protect against illegal activity or harm to others; or (iv) enforce this Policy or any of our other policies and guidelines.
• With a third party through whom you authorized or allowed Data to be transmitted to us or with a third party when otherwise authorized or requested by you.
We will not sell your Data to third parties except in the case of a sale of substantially all of our business or assets or the business or assets of one or more of our locations or business divisions. We may permanently delete or destroy any and all Data at any time as determined by us. While we use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard your Data when transmitted to third parties, we do not warrant that your Data will be transmitted without unauthorized interception or modification or that your Data will not be accessed or compromised by unauthorized third parties. Our general use of security technologies is not, and should not be considered to be, any type of guarantee or warranty that we will use all available security technologies to prevent unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of your personally identifying information.
4. Collection of Your Information by Third-Party websites
5. Updates and Changes to Policy
We reserve the right, at any time and without notice, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy by posting such addition, change, update, or modification on our website. Any such addition, change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on our website.
6. Eligibility; Compliance with Children Privacy Issues
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe that he or she has disclosed Customer Data to us, please contact us using the contact information set forth below. You may review and request the deletion of your child’s Customer Data or prohibit the further use of such information.
Motion SG, as opposed to any of its officers, directors, shareholders, or employees in their personal capacities, is solely responsible for all content and information that it posts and its obligations hereunder.
8. How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, or need to request corrections or deletions to the information you have provided to us, then please contact Motion SG at (801)-481-8283 or email@example.com.
If you’re a homeowner interested in sustainable energy, contact us to learn more about your solar options, connect with leading solar brands, and get started transitioning your home to clean energy.